Church of St. John The Baptist. Bila Cerkva
canva, oil, 60 x 100, Kyiv, 2006
In 1774, the sejm of Poland dedicated the white Church for "everlasting posession" to the crown hetman of Poland hr. Branicki. In the 1930s XVIII the Jesuit mission was reaffirmed; the fathers of the Jezuit Society built a church and council, however, in 1773 the order of the Jesuits was deleted and ended its activity in the city. Jesiut structures at the end of the 18th century needed immediate repair, and the wooden church was almost in ruins. In this situation, Count F.-K. Branicki , in 1812, began construction of a brick church, which was built in the classical style with the korynthian order portico. December 8, 1816, on the feast of the Immaculate Conception of Mary, a new temple was consecrated under St. John The Baptist. In 1820, where the church operated, a school and a hospital for the poor existed.