Church p.w. Exaltation of the Cross. Novgorod-Volhynia (Zwiahel)
canva, acrylic, 90 x 90, Kyiv, 2005
After being burned by the Cossacks, the Church in Zwiahelu, in 1753, foundation was placed undr the brick temple. The descendants of the Lubomirskich founders spared no expence on the Temple which was fortified regularly with decorations and murals. During these times, the building did not have an equal throughout the area, its length was approximately 31 meters and width approximately 21 meters. It was in the shape of a cross, constructed in the style of Rococo. The interior also made a big impression. At the end of the 19th-early 20th century the Church was covered with murals and ornamented. Many of the paintings were copies of images of notable painters: such as "Assumption of Mary," by Titian, "Annunciation," by Guido Reni, "Christmas Savior," by Cimmermana, "to deliver Jesus to the Temple," by Rafael, "Thorn ukoronowanie," "Crucifixion," by Dore, and others. Then came year of 1917, which began the era of dramatic events in Ukraine, and also dramatic events for the Church. In June 1935, by a powerful load of dynamite, the Church was destroyed, and in its place was built residential buildings.