Chapel at the Grocholskis palace. Hryciv
canva, oil, 65 x 50, Kyiv, 2008
Hryciv - former estate in the Volhynia region, originally belonging to the Ostrogski family, followed by the Zbaraski family, from whom then passed to the Lubomirski family. Hrycόw in 1752 was purchased by the Grocholski’s, who owned the town until 1917. In the ХVІІІ century the Grocholscy’s built a rococo mansion (construction ended above 1782 years) surrounded by landscaped park, then decorated the interior with frescoes. The plan of the palace(which does not exist today), has been preserved in a room at Warsaw University. In the park near the palace was a neo-Gothic chapel designed in the ХІХ century by К. Broel-Plater. It was built in square plan, and its height corresponds to the height of the palace. At all corners of the chapel were towers, which were topped with double arched helmets. A tower with a turret and cross was deployed on the axis, and crowned the facade. Inside, the chapel was decorated, among others, of a white marble sculpture depicting the Immaculate Conception of the Virgin Mary.