Reformant Church. Kremenets

Reformant Church. Kremenets

Franchuk Valery
canva, oil, 64 x 68, Kyiv, 2007

The Church of the Reformants was built at the cost of Stanislaw Potocki, from Poznan. In 1807 at the behest of the Tsarist government, the church and monestary was passed to the Bazylicans.

The hurch was built in the late-Baroque style, single-nave with an elongated rectangular plan in narteks and presbiterium. The nave has a semicircular vault, the chancel - in the shape of the cross. Vaulted arches rest on the wall pylons, connected by pilasters decorated in Tuscan order. The facade of the church has the same pilasters with antablementem. Cells adhere to the northern facade of the temple.

Later, a belltower was added; three-storey, lower level has an entrance gate - a rectangular plan, two upper levels decrease in the volume.

At present the temple is held by the Orthodox Church.

Source:

  • Памятники градостроительства и архитектуры Украинской ССР, Т. 4, Киев 1986
  • Świątynie na Wołyniu, J. Wółczański, J. Walczewski, Kraków 2000